Thursday, July 12, 2012

Altered Birdhouses from Tennessee...

Hi Everyone,

I am back from vacation!! Hopefully I can get on track with things soon. It has been hard getting adjusted to my daily routine since being off work for a week. I sure could have used another week off after I got back home on Sunday.

Today I am going to show you a project my mother and I did while I was in Tennessee last week.

Birdhouse 5

Aren't these just adorable?

The papers used are all by Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe. The "Tin" roof is Shimmer Sheets that are alcohol-ed inked up and embossed. I just went through my little "junk" drawer and pulled out a bunch of trinkets to add to the front. Flowers, Gears, and some other little goodies.

Here they are individually.

This is the one my Mother made. Yes, my friends, those are pigs flying on the side of her birdhouse along with a few butterflies. :)

Birdhouse 1

And this is the one I made.

Birdhouse 3

Now her birdhouse was a bit taller than mine. Which made her have more real estate to cover. I opted out of decorating the side and back of my birdhouse, because the roof was so tall that I felt it would take away from it.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, love these also! I have mine on the table of honor in my living room! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what great bird houses... You & your mom do wonderful work.
    TFS,
    Barb S (FL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, both are lovely...I really like the flying pigs! Gorgeous way to spend some time with your mom! Now she needs a blog!
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete