Friday, July 26, 2013

Feel Better Soon-Card

Hey Everyone,  

While my friends are at CKC enjoying themselves today, I am stuck here at work. Yuck!  To turn this frown upside down I decided to share with you the last card I posted, since it was only a sneak peek.


Here is how I made the card.  The card measures approximately 3 1/2 wide x 5 inches high.  This image is from one of my most favorite companies: Whipper Snapper Designs.  The stamp is called "Sunflower Pitcher".  I stamped the image on white card stock with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink.  

The colors of Copic markers I used are: 
cool grey:  C1, C3 & C5
Yellow:  Y32, Y35, & Y38
Brown:  E01, E13, E19
Green:  YG03, YG06, YG09
Purple:  BV00,  BV01,  BV04
and I also used Colorless Blender when needed.  
After the image was colored, I cut it out with a tiny white border all around.

For the card itself:  I stamped with Hero Arts "Friend Definition" background stamp.  Inked it up with my Pool Party Ink pad by Stampin Up.  Stamped off and then stamped on my card for a muted look.  Took some pattern paper along the left side with a tiny strip of green card stock to give it more of a FINISH look.  I used my corner chomper by WRMK and corner rounded the corners on the right side of the card.  I softened up the card a little with some yellow ink around the edges of the card with a sponge.  Next, I stamped the Sentiment "Feel Better Soon" from Stampin' Up Hostess Set called Express Yourself on scrap white paper and cut out to look like a pennant.  I inked the edges with yellow ink. Glued down the sentiment to the card about 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the card.   I laced the button with some twine, tied in a bow and then adhered the button down with glue dot. Put some pop dots on the image and adhered above the sentiment.After I finished the card, I felt like it needed a little something else.  So I took my Clear Wink of Stella, Glitter pen by Zig and went over the center of the sunflowers to add a little bling.  I am not sure you can see it in the picture but in real life it is so cute.  

Be sure to check out "The Crafting Journals" Blog Cindy has an awesome blog post this week on how to make a address book out of flash cards.  Check out this post.

Thanks for stopping by.  :)

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment