Monday, October 28, 2013

My Fall Owls

Hey Friends,

The count down to Halloween is on.  :)  I love decorating my home for Halloween.  I do have a tendency to go more Fall related than spooky related, just so that I can leave my stuff out until Thanksgiving.  

I have a new addition to my collection this year, and it is my FALL OWLS.  They are just so cute!  Owls are a Favorite of mine.  You will see them more and more in my home decor.  I can't even pass up a cute stamp set or scrapbooking paper/embellishments that has a cute owl on it. 

I apologize that I didn't think about taking a picture of just the fabric before I started sewing.  If you notice on the owl on the right I had already started sewing it.  

I got the kit from Spark your Fall, by Margie Romney-Aslett.  You can visit Margie's blog by clicking HERE and Spark your Events by clicking HERE.  
 The fabric and all the pieces came already cut and she emailed me the instructions and pictures.  
 I do not, by any means, consider myself an expert at sewing.  I have gone off track on my zig zag stitching a few times and to fix it, I just picked my foot up on my my sewing machine and put myself back on track. I feel as though it adds character to my owls. More of a "Shabby Chic" look.  :)  (Yes!! I am trying to redeem my imperfect sewing skills.)

The container of rice is to put about a cup in a zip lock bag to put in the bottom of the owl so it can stand up on its own.  
This is the front and back of the owl.  Please ignore my messy desk.  I don't know about you, but I love Chevrons. 
 This is a picture of both of the owls together.  I am so happy with the way that they have turned out. 
Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope these owls inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. 

Have a Spook-tac-ular Week!  :) 
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment