Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 2: 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop

Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop -Day 2. 

This hop will take place November 24th through December 5th and the new postings each day will be posted by 8am eastern standard time. 

This hop will be full of wonderful ideas and inspiration to get you well on your way of creating all of those beautiful Christmas project.  There will be a new project posted each and every day.  So hang onto your seats and lets get started!

If you came from Alicia ~ http://goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com/ Then you are in the right spot!  If you just happened to come to my blog and would like to start at the beginning then you may do so at:  Lisa ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/.

As for my project for DAY 2--I made another shabby chic ornament.  Not too many people know but I love Ornaments at Christmas Time.  I love making them, giving them and receiving them!  :)  
Here are some other angles of my ornament.  It's kind of hard to show it all in one shot. :)
I first used redline tape to divide the ornament in 1/2.  Then I used mod podge to adhere glass glitter to the outside of the ball, only on the bottom portion.  The red line tape help keep the mod podge on the bottom.  After the first layer dried-I applied mod podge on top of the glass glitter to seal it in.  Then I let that layer dry.
I then filled the clear ball with rolled up paper and stuffed inside the ornament by taking the silver hook off.  Then I added my lace, trims & doilies to the ornament.  I finished it off with a "merry" tag. 
All of my Lace, Trims & doilies were glued on using Hot Glue.  The red line tape helped me guide the trims around the ball to hold it in place until it was hot glued on.    

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  
Your next stop is:
An'Jenic- http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
signature

18 comments:

  1. So very very pretty.... I love the crochet part and the glitter.. great job .. I am also an ornament fan and have dabbled in a couple :) great fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very pretty! Love to see new kinds of custom ornaments!
    ~ Eva Scraps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornament is so beautiful! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornament, love your crochet accents.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Your Ornament! Just Gorgeous. Would Love to know where you got your Crocheted pieces from? I would love to make some. Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love lacy shabby chic stuff. This ornament is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this ornament, especially the paper you used! The accents make it even prettier!

    ~Beth
    Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet ornament - love the doilies with the bling.
    I follow your blog.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this ornament is just gorgeous!!! Love the soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just gorgeous, I have some small glass ornaments and a use for my leftover ribbon/ paper thanks, happy 12 days.

    ReplyDelete