Monday, June 27, 2011

I love this Man!

Happy Monday!  I hope this week flies by.  My sweet hubby and I will be in Tennessee for the 4th of July week.  I can't wait.  We have nothing on the schedule just to sit back and relax.  We love going to my mothers because we can take our dog Skip and she relaxes and does not get in a hurry for anyone.  ha ha...


This past week end I got the itch to scrapbook.  I have been wanting to scrap for a while now.  Just not enough time in the day.  So this past saturday night, very late I might add.  (It was almost midnight) was the day (or night) for me to scratch that itch.   


After perusing my pictures I decided on this one.  It is a snapshot of my husband from Christmas 2009.  I didn't want to use Holiday supplies as I wanted to focus on him and him alone. 


The supplies I used are Stella Rose by My Minds Eye and Prima flowers and bling.  The Heart is hand drawn by folding the paper in 1/2 and drawing the 1/2 heart.  (you know,  the way you learned in grade school.lol) I used the We r Memory Keepers Sew Easy to go around the heart.  I then did a back stitch with white DMC thread and embroidery needle.  I distressed all the edges with Heidi Swapp Edge distresser.  The letters are from American Crafts Thickers.  I hand punched the little red heart out with a Stampin Up punch.  I used my printer to print up the quote at the bottom of the page and I cut out each word and ink distressed the white cardstock with Scattered Straw distress ink to give it a more softer look.  The border punch that I used on one of the stripes is from Fiskars.


 I love this man 2 
Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!  and I hope to be back soon with more creations.  :) 


 



3 comments:

  1. Love it, love it.......great page! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful LO to go along with a wonderful picture of your DH.. I may have to case this one except where do I find my love this man?? Oh yea in my living room asleep in the recliner. LOL
    TFS,
    Barb S(FL)

    ReplyDelete