Monday, June 13, 2011

What a Week End and Stamp Club

Wow What a Week End!  Friday was fabulous.  Got to spend the afternoon/night with the girls at the "Doo". (Sherri, Adina, Stephanie and Norma) We got to enjoy each others company with Sangria, Sushi, and lots of laughs while we were completing some projects for CKC.  We all had a great night and it lasted until really late. 


If you haven't heard, Scrap-A-Doodle-Doo is going to have a BOOTH at the CKC in Valley Forge.  Be sure to stop by and say hello.  We have a lot planned for this show.  And we still have a lot to do to get things finished in time. 


Saturday's events were to go to Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags with my husband and some friends.  However,  it was rainy, cloudy, and kinda cool on Saturday, so I decided to stay home.  Water park with Rain, cloudy and cool weather don't mix in my book.  My husband and friends all had a great time despite the weather.  I, on the other hand, slept til noon.  Then I had to battle a call with my cell provider, AT&T, since I didn't have cell service in my home since Thursday.  And ended up with a bit of a headache and decided to take a little nap.  While napping, the power went out.  Good thing the weather was crappy that I didn't need the AC as it would have been miserable since the power didn't come back on until after 7pm.  crazy.  I did manage to get all my kits ready for Sundays Stamp Club at the "Doo".  The below card is the card we made at Stamp Club.  We used a Tissue Paper Technique with a glue stick.  Such a fun and easy way to add texture to your project. 


June Stamp Club 1 
Another thing that I used on this card was 2 different papers.  One sheet was from Bo Bunny's "Peacock" line (the green, purple, and turquoise striped paper) and the other one was from Little Yellow Bicycle's paper line.(the purple striped).  My suggestion for you is to look on the back of each paper when trying to decide on a pattern paper to work with your art work, whether it be a scrapbook page, a card or any altered art. The stamp I used is from heartfelt Creations and is so great for coloring with the copic markers. 


Hope you don't mind my ramblings and have a great Monday.   




No comments:

Post a Comment