Monday, June 20, 2011

Masculine Thank You Cards

I don't know about you, but i have the most difficulty when making a Masculine card.  Do you? 


This past Monday I had a customer of mine ask for 8 masculine cards with a wine theme on the front for Thank You cards.  She said she would like burgundy.  However, I didn't have burgundy and didn't have anything to match with it.  Nor did I have a wine stamp.  So off to my favorite LSS I went.  (LSS means Local Scrap Book Store)  You guessed it.  SCRAP-A-DOODLE-DOO.  I new they had this stamp in as I have been eyeing it.  So I stopped by there on Tuesday and bought it.  It is by Inkadinkadoo and is so cute.  :)  At first I stamped the image with my momento black ink and realized that the ink is to bold.  It doesn't look like a sketch with how dark the black was.  So a quick fix and a tip for you.  :)  I stamped the image off on my scrap paper first then stamped it on my actual paper that I using and it made the black a softer black.  That I could work with.  :)  Then next tried coloring the image with my copics, but it didn't look right.  I didn't like the boldness of the color. So I pulled out my q-tips and my chalks and colored the images that way.  It gave it a softer look and looks much better with the sketchy look.   


 Thank You Cards Wine


Thanks for visiting my blog.  :)


 


********************************************************
SAVE THE DATE FOR SCRAP-A-DOODLE DOO'S "HOT HOT HOT"
SUMMER SALE/STORE EVENT ~ FRIDAY AUG 12TH & SAT AUG 13TH!!
MORE INFO TO FOLLOW! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!
********************************************************



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the cards - very very nice -- makes me want to pour a glass of wine - think I just might - thanks!

    ReplyDelete