Monday, August 11, 2014

Christmas 2013 Layout

Hey There Friends,
I was able to finally carve out some time to make a scrapbook page for my Christmas album.  A few years ago I purchased an album that I have designated just for the Holiday.  My Christmas Album is a Creative Memories original style album (not the true fit) and it is just like the one pictured below.  Since Creative Memories has closed its doors and is no longer making products, I went ahead and purchased another one (different style) just so I can have it on hand for when I fill this one up.  I am a creature of habit and want my Christmas Albums to look alike is size.
Every year I try to get one picture of the hubby & I on Christmas and create a page with that one picture.  Sometimes I have 2 or 3.  As for this year I didn't get even one picture of us.  Shame on me
 
Being that I didn't get a picture of us- I had to improvise and use what I had.  I couldn't NOT do a page for this year.  So...  Since living in NJ and living in our very small apartment for the past 8 years we have only had room for a small tree.  So excited that 2013 I was able to get a nice & somewhat narrow 7 foot tree...  It is artificial but I love it.  So my page is a focus of the tree & my favorite ornament for this year.
For this page I used Heidi Swapp's Christmas Collection for last year.  Since the Project Life craze-I wanted to use the cut out page of the 3 x 4 cards and use it on a regular card stock in the format of Project Life without using Project Life page protectors.  And I needed to make the page fit my Old Traditional Size Creative Memories pages.  After everything was cut & layered I added some embellishments through out the page to get your eye to follow the page.   The sentiment was typed up on my computer, printed and adhered to the center of the page.  Some of the embellishments used were from Martha Stewarts Christmas line.  I am not sure the year or the name of the collection it came from though.  Sorry.
 
FYI: For my Creative Memories Albums I do not work directly out of the book or directly on the page.  I do a separate page then adhere it onto the page itself once I am sure this is the place I want it to be.  Since it is a little difficult to just change the pages up. 
 
This layout is ready to be added to my book.  It is only 8 months after Christmas.. but I am ok with it just being done.  (Smile)
 
Thanks for stopping by today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment