Thursday, January 14, 2016

Momenta/Art-C: Art Box


Today's post isn't about what I sent to CHA for the Momenta/Art-C booth.  Today's project features "NEW PRODUCT" that was Debuted at the Winter CHA show in Anaheim, California.  

I picked up this cute distressed box at a big box store and thought it would be so cute stenciled up.  

So here we go.  I am showing you a step by step of what I did to create this cute box.  

INSTRUCTIONS:
Step 1:  Gather your supplies.  I wasn't sure what color I wanted to do so I gathered all the 2016 new release product that I had so I can use them on this project.  


Step 2:  I decided to go with the Country Pink Ultra Matte Chalk Paint and the flower stencil from the set "Flowers and Bugs Adhesive Stencil".  

I put some paint on my non stick mat and used my 'groove tool' and the small brush to add the paint to my project.  The small brush is perfect for the small areas.  

I added all around the box.  

  

Step 3: After the pink flowers have dried completely.  

I placed my large stencil on the area to the left of the box first.  I used Country Green Ultra Matte Chalk Paint and the brush applicator to the groove tool and only added the Country Green paint to the area where the pink flowers were not.  

I then- picked up my stencil and moved it over, carefully aligning it up with the lattice template already painted on-Then I finished adding the Country Green paint over to the right of the box.  

I only did this for the front and back of the box and not the sides. 

This is what it will look like when you are done.
 


Step 4:  After the Country Green paint has dried completely I added letters from the 'Alphabet Adhesive Stencil' to say 'ART'.  I placed the letters on the bottom right of the box.
 

Step 5:  I used Steel Luxe Paint and my Groove Tool with the small brush attacher to add paint to the letters. I love the stainless steel look.   


Step 6:  After the paint has dried, add your art supplies to the box.  





Thank you for stopping by.  Hope you have a great day!

signature

1 comment: