Friday, April 27, 2012

Pansy card with a Tutorial

Hi Everyone,  


Happy Friday!  Yesterday was my day to post over at PINK BY DESIGN and I shared the card below with the tutorial.  Hope you enjoy and learn something new.  I can't take credit for this as I had a dear friend show me how to do the pansy's.  :)  


My favorite kind 4 26 2012


I new I wanted a cluster of Pansy's so I just clustered them all together and then put a few leaves in the mix.  


The sentiment is using Pink by Designs "MY FAVORITE KIND".  This set is currently the Stamp of the Month!  CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS!  (and is Currently my Favorite set!!)


To make these pansy's you will need :  Feel free to click on the pictures to make them bigger.  




  • Butterfly punch (or a shape that is similar to one shown.)  

  • a few re-inkers

  • water brush 

  • a water spray bottle.

  • Non-Stick Mat

  • Black Pen

  • Piercer and foam mat

  • Heat Gun

  • Brads



 1.  Spray your butterflies with water.  The water should puddle on top of the butterflies.  (Your butterflies could be cut out using a punch or a silhouette image you may have.  Just make sure they are solid)



2.  Take your re-inkers and do a little drop on your non stick mat.  A little goes a long way.  If you need more you can always add more.  :)



3.  With your water brush "dip" the tip into the yellow re-inker.  (you can you and combination of colors you choose.  I used yellow for the center and a rose color for my edges.  Pansy's usually have a little white in them, so I left some in the middle. ) 



4.  After you "dip" the tip in the re-inker just smudge it on where you want it to go.  The water will move it around.  The best part is that no 2 pansy's will be alike.  



5.  Add your second color into the mix.  



6.  I wanted my colors to bleed some more so I sprayed it again with water.  



7.  I used my heat gun to head dry my butterflies.  (you can let these sit until they are dry.  I don't have any patience for that.  lol)



8.  Use your black pen to draw the stripes into the flower.  Just quick little strips that lead to a center.  



9.  Use your paper piercer to polk a hole in the center of the butterflies for your brad to go through.



10.  I used my paper piercer, the other end, to roll out my edges of the butterfly.  



11.  This is what it looks like at this point.  Then you layer them up and put your brad in to secure them together.  



12.  Your finished product should look something similar to this.  Remember:  NO 2 Pansy's are alike!  :)


Have a great day everyone!  :)



2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous... I will be making some of my own very soon..Thanks for the tutorial
    TFS,
    Barb S(FL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial!

    ReplyDelete