Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Be as BRIGHT as.....

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was the first day back to work since my STAY-CATION.  I didn't get as much done as I had hoped last week while I was at home.  But I did just stay home.  Which was the #1 "to do" on the list.  

Don't forget about the Give-a-Way over at Jill's Blog :  Blessed Scrapper  CLICK HERE.

I got the new August Stamp-of-the Month from Pink by Design while I was home last week.  :)  It made for some happy mail, that's for sure!  The set is called Illuminate.  
I fell in love with this set right away.  I immediately went to my Cameo and found a light bulb file that I could cut out.  Then it hit me...  Why not make it in to a shaped card?  :) yes,  that is what I'll do.  I will make a shaped light-bulb card.  Here is what it looks like.  What do you think?  
I took some scattered straw and some wild honey distress inks and inked around the edges of my yellow light bulb.

Then on the bottom of the bulb (the part that you screw into the fixture) I used a post it note on the bottom of the card and the top of the part you screw into the fixture to mask it off to leave only the part I wanted silver.  I used my versa-mark ink pad and inked over that part really well.  (It is ok to get it onto the sticky note.)  Then I poured my silver embossing powder onto the inked part and heat set with my heat gun.

The very tip of bottom of the bulb was rounded, so I just cut it to make it flat.  (At least that is how I think the bulbs really are in real life.)

I glued all my parts together.  (which was only 3 parts: the base of the card, the yellow bulb, and the black in-parts.)

Now the hard part....  What sentiment do I want to use.  :)  I really like the one that says "Be as BRIGHT as you can be" (on the bottom left of the set) and decided it was perfect in size for just above the prong things.  I didn't want my sentiment to be black.  I came to the conclusion that it should be silver like the bottom of the bulb.  So I stamped with versa-mark then poured my silver embossing powder onto the sentiment and heat set with my heat tool.

I hope you like my card I made today.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment