Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dear Heart

Hi Everyone...


Hope you all had a wonderful week end.  I sure did.  It was nice and easy on the home front.  Sorting through paper work and cleaning out some things.  I was able to spend some time on Saturday with a dear friend and her darling little girl.  It was a time that was needed to spend away from home.  :)  


I did manage to get a little card making time in on Sunday.  I only made 2 cards this week end.  :(  Something quick and easy.  I'd love to have done something with a little more detail with my silhouette but I really didn't have the time to do that.  :(  Soon.  really soon. {SMILE}... 


OK...  Onto my Show and Tell for today.  As many of you know, One of my most favorite style is a little Shabby.  Maybe a year or so ago I bought some digital images off of Etsy.  (yes, its a bad habit to have...I love to shop Etsy....)  This was on one of the sheets I bought and I printed it up on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla Card stock and decided to make a card out of it.  :)  I love Hot Air Balloons and this particular image just called to me.  {Smile}


Dear Heart 1


I used Craft Card stock as my base, then Pretty in Pink Card stock and then the backside of one of Basic Greys "Hopscotch" collection sheets.  I used Stampin' Up's French Script background stamp in Rose Red on top of that piece of paper.  The next pieces of papers were also from Basic Greys "Hopscotch" collection.  These pieces were all from my scrap bin from last year.  (See what happens when you clean up.. You find all sorts of goodies that you can use..lol) 


Dear Heart 2
The ribbon is actually some twill that was once white and I boiled some Store brand tea bags on the stove and dipped the twill in it to "Tea Stain" it.  :)  I love love love how it turned out.  (again this is something I did about a year ago and just decided to use it)  I inked all the edges with Stampin' Up's Crumb Cake ink pad and a sponge. 


The little rose on top came out of my "Flower" drawer.  I used Fabri-Tac to glue it down.  That little sweetie isn't going anywhere... 


The little Safety pen is from a package from Tim HOltz's line.  


The "Dear Heart" sentiment is from Hero Arts Clear Stamps called "Sweet Hearts".  This is a new set this year from Hero Arts.  (Be sure to check back tomorrow to check out my other card from this set)  I used Stampin' Up's small oval punch for the "tag".  The Embossed heart is also a Embosslit from Stampin' Up.  It embosses and cuts it out.  I purchased the button from Paper Trey Ink as well as the button twine.  


Last but not least is the edge border punch.  It is by EK Success.  I think the little pinking edge with the tiny hearts is simply adorable.  


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you Have a wonderful start to your week.  




No comments:

Post a Comment