Thursday, January 26, 2012

You Take the Cake!

Hi Everyone!  


All I have to say is...  TGIF!  A little bit sad as I am not with my friends at the Scrap-a-Doodle Doo crop this week end.  :(  So if any of my friends who are at the crop read this.  I MISS YOU.  Have a drink for me.  :)  


Anyway..  All is not lost this week-end as I will be crafting in my scrap-room. And hopefully skype with some great friends.  :)  


Burthday turtle card
This card above was created with a Whipper Snapper Stamp.  I stamped the image and colored it a while ago.  I just never put it onto a card.  I colored the image with my copic markers.  (I'm sorry as I really don't remember which ones).  The card base is a package by AMUSE that I have been trying to use up.  I love that it has a white backing and when I embossed it with my swiss dots and Big shot machine the white shows through..  I used a scrap strip of white polka dotted pink paper from my WRMK 6 x 6 paper pad for their "Love Struck" collection and layered it onto Stampin' Up's "Pool Party" strip of card stock.  I inked the edges of the pool party with Tempting Turquoise (I ran out of Tempting Turquoise card stock and needed to improvise.)  The white "banner" was cut out of Shimmery White card stock and the buttons sewn on with Paper trey ink "cream" Button thread and their turquoise buttons.  I pop dotted my image on to the card stock to add some dimension.  After all of this was put together, I used my "Spica" pens and added more shimmer to the image.  (you can hardly see this, but it is there..  I promise.)


Thanks for stopping by today.  :)  Have a great week end.  




1 comment:

  1. Love that little turtle.. Card looks great.
    TFS,
    Barb S (FL)

    ReplyDelete