Saturday, February 3, 2007

How do you like me now?

Last night was the Toby Keith Concert.  It was pretty good.  I didn't really care for "Flynnville Train"  They were just weird.  Miranda Lambert was a lot better.  When Toby finally came on stage the arena was "packed".  It was amazing that for so many country music fans there isn't a country music station in North Jersey/New York City area.  Well unless you have Serious XM...  The lady that was sitting in front of us with her family (mom, hubby, and son) was literally bouncing off her seat..  She had a sign that said "I've got the Honey"..  and her sons shirt stated "Proud Kid of a Honky tonk Alumni"..  Way too cute!  I didn't buy a t-shirt as they didn't have any that looked all that appealing.  I didn't take my camera in so I am hoping that Sara sends me pictures. 



Stamping/Scrapping:  I did manage to finish my "Warm Memories" mini album today.  I had a difficult time getting into it.  I guess you can say I was in a bit of a "rut".  I like it now.  This little mini album roughly measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 but is cut to shape.  Warm_memories_album_1You can't tell it but I did use clear stickles on top of the "WARM" to look like shining snow.  "memories" was cut out of shimmery Blue paper and I used glossy accents to give it a raised look.  The Letters and Heart were both cut using the CRICUT. The heart is popped up.  The little heart on top is a stamp from Hero Arts.  On the cover and the back cover I stamped on the blue check with coffee cups, hearts and spoons.  The handle is made of 22 gage wire and various beads.  the pages inside were all accented with stickles, Rangers Paint Dabbers, and ribbon.  The wire is attached to the last page so that you see the steam coming from your favorite cup through each page. 



I really enjoyed making this book.  I hope my students enjoy it as well. 



Monday night is our meet-up which I still have to finish up my card swap plus ad a picture to my Memories Club Kit.  And I have to get the supplies together for our "meet up" Project.  Not sure what meet up is:  go to www.meetup.com  our group is called "The Clifton Scrapbooking Meetup Group".  You can also search for one in your area if you are not near us here in New Jersey. 



OK it is getting really late and I am a bit tired.  Will post my Card for the swap as well as my page for the Memories Kit Club. 



No comments:

Post a Comment