Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sorry I was Sour

Hi Everyone,

Happy Tuesday! Dontcha just hate it when you don't have to go into work until later but when the time rolls around for the "normal" time for you to get off, you wish you were heading home??? Yeppers, That is me today. hmmm... Only 2 1/2 more hours to go and counting. :)
I just love the stamp set by Pink by Design called "Sweet Grams 2". This set really has a multitude of cute sentiments for candy. You really should check it out. :)

I found these cute little jars at Marshall's for $2.99 for 4 of them. They are really small and perfect for this project. I filled the Jar with "Sour Patch Kids" which goes perfectly with my sentiment "Sorry I've been sour". Lets face it... Every now and then we all need this in our forgiveness stash. {WINK}.
I took some bakers twine and wrapped it around the outer portion of the lid, to add color. Used glue dots to hold them into place. I wasn't sure how well it would hold up. But --So far it's holding up pretty well.

I used various punches to cut out the scalloped circle and regular circles. Layered them up on top of each other. I used Tombow Liquid Multi Glue and traced around the edge of the star paper and then took more bakers twine to follow the glue. Let it dry, then I added a button with bakers twine through the holes. Instead of tying the twine off behind the button I just held it over to the side and gave it tales. I used a glue dot to secure the button to the top of the jar. The last step was to stamp and cut my sentiment into a pennant/banner. Using a glue dot just tuck it under the button. See how easy that was.

Below is another view of the jar from the top down.
*************************************
Just a quick reminder that tomorrow is the "It's a Rainbow Party" Blog Hop. Be sure to check back here, tomorrow, to get in all the cool projects that are all Rainbow Theme. I can't wait to see all the blogs in the hop.
The below picture is the "Inspiration" photo for the hop. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by Today. Can't wait for you to see my project for tomorrow. :) See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment