Friday, August 17, 2012

You Color my World with a little Washi

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday was my day to post over at Pink by Design. Here's my post:

Oh me-oh my, do I love washi tape??? Why, yes I do!

​Today's project is using Pink by Designs stamp set called Simply Everything.

I cut a strip of white card stock that measures about 2" wide. I then cut it down to a little shorter in length than that of my card. Chose my color of washi tape and layered the colors on the white card stock. I decided to use the "Roy G. Biv" theory on how I want to lay out my Washi Tape. The colors are: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, (Indigo-not used) Violet Washi tape, But when I was done, I needed another color on bottom so I threw in a pink one.

To get the cute little fish tail, I measured the center of the width of the card and marked with a pencil up to about 1/2" to 1". Then I took my scissors and cut the point on each edge up to the top of the pencil mark.
After I got my fish tail banner ready, I ran that piece through my big shot with an embossing folder. I also embossed my black card stock with a different embossing folder.

The sentiment is from Pink by Design. I love their Simply Everything stamp set. It has so much on that one set that you can use for, literally, SIMPLY EVERYTHING. (pun intended..lol)

Ok, I am going to share with you.. Don't be alarmed!! I cut my stamp!!! I wanted "you color my world" into 3 lines so I can punch it out with a circle punch. So here is what I did. I cut gently between the words. They can go back together like a puzzle so no harm done. The stamp still works as one or separately.

Now on a different note, I thought I would share with you on how I store my Washi Tape.

I found this 3 tier tray at my local Home Goods for $12.99. I new it was going to go home with me. I have various embossing powders on top and the bottom ones I have my washi tape in them. I am not sure how long it will stay like this but for now it is working for me.

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment